Parent Coaching and Mediation Fees are applied as follows:
150-190 per hour (per family conflict specialist/mediator)
200-350 per hour (per lawyer-mediator)
Plus GST 5% of total
The fees for mediation are typically split equally between the parties.
The total cost of coaching and mediation varies, depending on the process needs, the relational dynamics and the complexities of each particular situation. The total bill can range from as little as $1000 to as much as (or more than) $6000.
The average cost of a contested divorce process in Canada is over $13,000.
Litigation can cost up to $18,706 for one or two days in court and $35,950 for 5 days.*
General Billing Information and Process
- We require a minimal upfront pre-payment by credit card to cover the costs of the first intake interview/meeting.
- We then require ongoing authorization from the parties to bill their credit cards monthly for fees that have accrued during that month.
- We invoice at the beginning of each month. (You are free to pay by cheque, e-transfer, etc., should you so choose – arrangements are made directly with our Executive Administrator.)
- If we’ve not received payment within 21 days, we charge the credit cards.
- At any point, parties should feel free to inquire about the balance on their account. We commit to both transparency (i.e. no surprises) and efficiency (i.e. to always work as cost-effectively as possible).
Sliding Scale Fees:
We recognize that the process of separating can add an enormous financial burden to an already incredibly stressful, painful situation.
We also believe that all Manitobans should have access to the highest quality options when it comes to navigating this very significant family transition.
Because this is so important to our firm, we offer a sliding scale based on combined income (as per recent tax returns).
We receive no external funding to subsidize this service – all FS family conflict specialists are willing to work for reduced rates in order to meet this very important need in our community.